Essential Phone (PH-1) Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta (OPM1.170911.130) Is now available as OTA: As promised by the software development team of Essential Phone (PH-1) during the Reddit AMA last month, they have now started rolling out the Android Oreo 8.0 Beta Update For Essential Phone.There are many companies like OnePlus, Samsung and Huwaei which have started rolling out the official Oreo update for their flagships and now Essential joined the league.Now users can Download/nstall Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Essential Phone (PH-1)
The Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update For Essential Phone is rolling out via OTA (Over-the -air) and available all across the Globe.Users can manually check for the update.If the update is not available on your device, you can manually Install OPM1.170911.130 update On Essential Phone by sideloading it.
Few days ago unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 was available for Essential PH-1 and now the official Oreo update.Truly the device is getting good support from developers and the manufacturer.Before you install the ROM, remener this is a beta build so there may be few bugs available in the firmware.We are sharing some of the know issues down below.
Essential Phone Android Oreo Beta Update Known Issues
- Increased battery drain with bluetooth enabled.
- Android Auto compatibility issues with some vehicles
In order to Install the official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update on Essential Phone you need to download the Essential Phone Android 8.0 Oreo Beta factory image and adb drivers.Don’t worry we will be sharing downloads links as well as a detailed guide down below.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Essential Phone (PH-1)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Essential Phone Official Android 8.0 Oreo OTA zip File
How To install Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Essential Phone (PH-1)
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Now download the Essential Phone Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta (OPM1.170911.130) from the download section above
- Now follow the guide to flash the update > How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB Sideload
Image Credit: Cnet