Guide: Download & Install Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 On Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY.Full detailed guide on How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1.
Samsung has started rolling out the latest Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy On5 G550FY.This is a great new for all Galaxy On5 users.Previously Samsung has Updated its Galaxy On7 to official Marshmallow 6.0.1.This update is available via OTA (Over-the-air).You can manually check for the marshmallow update from the setting app itself
Galaxy On5 is the smaller brother of On7 smartphone which was launched in October 2015.It comes with the 5.0.2 Version out of the box then it was updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and now it is getting the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update which is a great news.But remember now the update is only available for Indian users but it will be available in other regions in coming days.
About Galaxy On5 Marshmallow Firmware:
- MODEL: SM-G550FY
- Android version: 6.0.1
- REGION: INS
- VERSION: G600FXXU1APF8
- PDA: G550FYXXU1BPF9
- CSC: G550FYODD1BPFA
- CHANGELIST: 8483894
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY.We will update this post once we have Marshmallow firmware file for other’s model.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy On5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Download & Install Galaxy USB drivers on your computer,
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy On7 smartphone.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging
- Take a backup of your apps & data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
Download Samsung Galaxy On5 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update [icon name=”hand-o-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
(Only for SM-G550FY)
Download Odin3 v3.11.1 [icon name=”hand-o-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
Download and install the Odin on your PC
HOW TO MANUALLY INSTALL OFFICIAL MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1 ON SAMSUNG GALAXY ON5
Step By step Guide:
- First, read the Pre-requirements section carefully.
- Download the Stock Firmware from the download section above and remember the location
Now Follow the guide to flash the firmware >> How To Install A Stock Firmware Using Odin
If you have any question related to this post leave that in the comment section.Thanks. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.