Samsung has been diligently conducting beta testing for its One UI 6 based on Android 14. While the beta has been accessible to a range of Galaxy smartphones, the primary focus has been on the flagship Galaxy S23 series. In the latest development the fifth installment of the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 is now rolling out to users in the UK, Germany and India.
Although most of the anticipated features for One UI 6 are already known users are hopeful that Samsung might continue to refine animations before the official release. While the animations have seen incremental improvements in each beta release, they are still not considered up to the mark by some users.
The latest One UI 6 Beta 5 for Galaxy S23 carries the build version ZWIK and weighs in at approximately 750MB. Like its predecessors this beta release comes with a slew of bug fixes and enhancements though specific system changes aren’t detailed in the changelog.
Galaxy S23 One UI 6.0 Beta 5 Changelog
Bugs that have been fixed:
- Addressed the issue of being unable to record during a call.
- Fixed problems related to unresponsive touch at the bottom of the screen or ghost touch occurrences.
- Resolved issues with the camera app, including getting stuck after entering the camera, forced terminations and inability to take pictures.
- Fixed the problem of being unable to use Motion Photo.
- Addressed the issue of infinite rebooting when entering Maintenance Mode.
The Galaxy S23 series, which includes the Galaxy S23, S23+ and S23 Ultra is compatible with the One UI 6 Beta 5. You can anticipate getting the update soon if you possess one of these models and signed up for the beta programme. In the near future more regions are anticipated to join the beta.
To check for updates Accessing Settings > Software Update > Download and Install is possible for Galaxy S23 users. Before starting the upgrade make sure to make a backup of the device. Stay tuned for further developments as Samsung fine tunes its upcoming One UI 6 release. As the beta program expands to additional regions more Galaxy S23 users will have the opportunity to test and provide feedback on these exciting enhancements.