Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 3 | Android 10 (codenamed OnePlus 3). OnePlus 3 was released back in 2016 but this device has been getting regular updates from the developers. This is one of the benefits to own a OnePlus device. Most of the OnePlus devices have been getting unofficial builds of Lineage OS 17 and will get the official builds as well.
The available ROM is in its early development stage so don’t flash it on your primary device as of now but if you want to experience Android 10, then you can give it a try. The available ROM file name is lineage-17.0-20190920-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip and it is uploaded by dianlujitao, so we are really thankful to him.
As I have mentioned above, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is not fully stable according to the developer and can’t be used as a daily driver. There will be few bugs present in this build but the developer is working on the ROM and we are sure in coming days, all the bugs will be fixed. As of now, there is no information on what’s working and what’s not in this ROM.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 3.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 3 | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.