Finally, the wait for OnePlus 5 and 5T Android 10 update is over. The much-awaited stable Oxygen OS 10 for both the OnePlus 5 and 5T has been released. The company has been testing out the Android 10 beta updates for both the devices and after getting satisfactory results, they released the Android 10 based stable Oxygen OS 10 update.
The OTA comes in a size of 2.5 GB and the global OnePlus 5 and 5T users will receive the update in batches. Either you can use the ADB Sideload method or Local Upgrade method in order to install the update on your device.
Manually Check For OTA
Meanwhile, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can check it manually from phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. However, if you want to manually install. Following our guide, you can download OnePlus 5 and 5T Oxygen OS 10 Update [Android 10] and install it.
The Oxygen OS 10.0.0 update brings Android 10 update, new design, improved location permission, other system improvements & bug fixes, GameSpace, full-screen gesture, messaging app improvements, etc.
Let’s take a look at the changelog below.
Download OnePlus 5 and 5T Oxygen OS 10 [Android 10]
Note: We will be adding the links soon.
- OnePlus 5 – Oxygen OS 10 OTA
- OnePlus 5T – Oxygen OS 10 OTA
Steps to Install Oxygen OS 10 update on OnePlus 5/5T
We assume that you’ve already downloaded the firmware according to your model. Make sure to follow the pre-requirements at first.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain a 50%-50% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
ADB & Fastboot Method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB Debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5 and 5T. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on the device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
Local Upgrade Method
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 5 and 5T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5 and 5T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 5 and 5T devices to Oxygen OS 10 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.