OnePlus 5 Open Beta 3 based on Android 8.0 Released (Oxygen OS 5.0) and now available for Download: The new beta version of OxygenOS for OnePlus 5 is out for downloading, now you can install that version on your phone to update your OnePlus to Android 8.0 Oreo. This version will be more stable than the beta version 2 of this OxygenOS. The update will carry many interesting things with it. This is the 3rd beta leaked version of OxygenOS 5.0 which will carry more stable things than previous two versions. If you want to install OnePlus 5 Open Beta 3 based on Android 8.0 then continue reading this guide.
The Oxygen OS 5 was released officially for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.The Official Firmware is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and now OnePlus 5 has received the leaked OxygenOS 5 (Oreo ROM).You can manually flash the OxygenOS 5.0 On OnePlus 5 [Leaked Oreo Beta 3]
OnePlus 5 was launched in 2017.It has a large 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.The OnePlus 5 is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded.
The OnePlus software development team has been doing excellent work for last few years now.The are releasing regular beta and stable updates to their devices.This update may contain some minor bugs because the update is still in the beta stage. If you want to install the update then continue reading this guide. The Firmware OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 5 is not available via OTA because the file is still in the testing version maybe you can get this firmware in the stable version after months, that’s why we are here to guide you on installing OxygenOS 5.0 based on android Oreo on OnePlus 5.
Download OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 5 (Oreo Beta 3)
- Download Android Oreo Beta 3 for the OnePlus 5-Download
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
What’s New In Beta 3 version of OxygenOS 5.0 For OnePlus 5
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0 On OnePlus 5 [Leaked Oreo Beta 3]
For Non-Rooted users :
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS 5 for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
6) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
7) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the Oxygen OS 5 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
10) Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.Done!
1) Download OxygenOS 5 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.Done!!!
For Rooted Users :
2) Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
3) Now wipe your cache files from Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
4) Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 5 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
6) Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
7) Done! Reboot System and Enjoy.
Let us know your Problem on OxygenOS 5 for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.