OnePlus has been providing regular updates to its newer devices. For the last couple of months, OnePlus has released several OxygenOs 11 Open beta OTA updates to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Now OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro have picked up the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 5
The latest beta update fixes various bugs which were present in the OxygenOs Open Beta 4 update. The update also bumps the security patch to December 2020.
If you own an OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro and running on OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 or OxygenOS Open Beta 4 then you can update to OxygenOS Open Beta 5 from the update section or manually flash the OTA. As per the earlier reports, the full update size is around 3 GB.
You can manually check for the software OTA update on your device for once. To do this, head over to the Settings – System – System update – Check for update. if available, you can download and install the OTA. Otherwise, you can manually do so by following this guide
OnePlus 8/ 8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 5 Changelog
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps for a faster launch experience
- Fixed the small probability issue that receiving messages may delay
- Fixed the issue that the volume adjustment has a small probability of failure
- Fixed the small probability issue that the speaker doesn’t work
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.12
- Refresh the animation effects when activating the front camera
- Newly added Rewind Recording where you can record the exciting moments in the game of past 30 seconds with just one tap (Swipe down from the upper left or right corner to quickly open in the Gaming Tools)
- Fixed the issue that the call may freeze when receiving the phone when playing music via Bluetooth