OnePlus 8 series was the first from the company to receive OxygenOS 11 update but that come with lot of bugs. Just a week ago, OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 update for the OnePlus 8 series fixing some known bugs and now, it is being rolled out as a stable version.
The OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) update for the OnePlus 8 series caused a lot of problems to the device. Some of the major issues include excessive background applications which lead to fast battery drainage, no send button in WhatsApp when selecting emoji, and more. But, thanks to the latest OxygenOS 11.0.1 update which brings a lot of fixes for the known issues.
The latest update optimizes the background process management mechanism to improve battery life. Other notable tweaks include a fix for canvas display mode, connection stability, and improves overall stability of the device.
The OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is currently rolling out in India. As usual, the OTA update is rolling out in batches, so you may need to wait for few days to get the update. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings -> System -> System updates. The company will soon start to roll out this update to other regions also.
OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update changelog:
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (path: Settings-Cutomization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.