OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 is now being rolled out to the OnePlus 9RT. Users of 9RT who are running A.08 will be able to get the update. With Android 12 and OxygenOS 12 features, it’s about 4.5GB in size and comes with a lot of changes.
The Work-Life Balance feature has been added to the OnePlus 9RT. It facilitates the transition between work and personal life for its users. Improvements in performance were made to the camera app as a result of these changes. The user interface will be completely different. It gets a new set of icons with improved textures for the desktop. Now that the auto-brightness has been improved, it can adapt to more scenes. Now the shelf can accommodate the Earphone Control Card, the Scout and even the Watch. See what’s new in the changelog.
Installing the ROM is as simple as downloading it to your device, selecting the Local Update option from the Device Settings menu, and then following the on-screen instructions. OnePlus recommends a security backup instead of a factory reset during the procedure.
- New design
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Newly added Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly
- Newly added a chart to display your battery usage
- Optimized the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Dark mode
- Newly supported three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized the gaming experience in team fight scenes
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Optimized the display of camera modes on the menu bar
- Optimized the experience of zooming in or out when shooting videos with rear camera
- Newly added visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions
- Newly supported more system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
Download and install the OxygenOS local updater app after you have downloaded the update from above. After launching the app, locate and tap on the “update package.” Take your time, and when it’s done, tap on the reboot button. Once you’ve done that, your OnePlus 9RT should now be running OxygenOS 12 on top of Android 12.