OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are now receiving Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Beta 3 update. It brings a fix for several known issues, adds new features, and updates to the October 2020 security patch.
The stable OxygenOS 11 update caused a lot of problems to the devices. One of the major problems is the battery drain issue due to excessive background applications. The latest Open Beta 3 update brings a fix for Canvas display mode, text blocking issue in some games, and optimizes the background process management to improve battery life.
Some other notable updates include Call UI smoothness, Zen Mode improvements and allows users to set canvas background with the Always-on display. The Open Beta 3 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is rolling out to users, who have enrolled in the beta program. Here’s the complete changelog for the update.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 changelog:
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve sandy-by performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” )
- Fixed the low probability issue that system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
If you simply can’t wait for the update, then use the download links for the OTA files and update your device. We have also added the OTA installation instruction for your help.
OnePlus 8 (Global) – Download here
OnePlus 8 (India) – Download here
OnePlus 8 Pro (Global) – Download here
OnePlus 8 Pro (India) – Download here
Installation Guide (Local upgrade method)
- Download the ROM and move the file to internal storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top-right icon -> Local upgrade
- Choose the file you just downloaded, and then click Upgrade
- After the upgrade is complete, reboot the system and see the changes.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.