Many OEMs have been actively releasing the Android 12-based updates but OEMs like OnePlus and Xiaomi have been treading with caution. However, that isn’t the case anymore as OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 12.1 stable update for OnePlus 9RT users.
Although the smartphone made its global debut in late 2021 and reached the Indian market in January 2022, it didn’t come with Android 12 out-of-the-box. Many OnePlus 9RT users have started receiving the update after having to wait for a while.
Changelog for OxygenOS 12.1 update for OnePlus 9RT
- Optimized the icons with improved textures by making use of a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting layers and light
- Added the Quick Launch feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them such that you can open them quickly
- Added a new chart to display the battery usage
- The update has optimized the auto brightness algorithm for adapting screen brightness to more scenes for a more comfortable screen reading experience
- In the Dark Mode, there are newly supported three adjustable levels that bring a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Optimized the display of the camera modes on the menu bar
- Optimized the experience to zoom in or out when shooting videos with a rear camera
- Newly added visuals for texting instructions for a more intuitive understanding of accessibility functions
- Optimized the categorization of functions by grouping them all into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- Newly supported system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Mail, Phone, and Calendar
Download and install the new OxygenOS 12.1 update for OnePlus 9RT
Many OnePlus 9RT users in India have started receiving the new OxygenOS 12.1 update and it comes with many new features and enhancements.
As this update is being rolled out via OTA, the update will reach a handful of users and a much wider release is expected to happen in the coming days. Any OnePlus 9RT user can manually check for the update manually by simply heading to the device’s Settings -> System -> System Updates.