Oreo Beta 5 For Samsung S8/S8 Plus Is Now Officially Released: Samsung is always considered as one of the top Android smartphones manufactures today. And they are never ready to give up on this reputation and is always on track with new flagship devices and flawless updates. Although the Note 8 is the top model from Samsung, the manufacturer never really gave up the concentration on their old S series. The top model of S series the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 plus is now getting the new Android 8.0 Oreo update as a beta version.
The Android 8.0 Oreo beta update for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus is coming with two build numbers, G950FXXU1ZQLE and G955FXXU1ZQLE. The G950FXXU1ZQLE build is given out for Samsung Galaxy S8 and the G955FXXU1ZQLE build is giving out for Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. both the update is concentrating mostly on previous bug fixes on these devices.
Currently, the updates are rolling out only for Exynos variants in the region of Europe, Asia, etc. The update is given as Over the Air or Ota and has a size of 615 MB. You should be a registered Beta tester in order to get this OTA update. The Beta 5 is only given for European region devices, while the devices in Asia region is getting the Beta 2 version. The baseband version for both regions is the same.
Oreo Beta 5 for Samsung S8/S8 plus | Bug fixes
As mentioned earlier the update is all about fixes and performance improvements. Users can see a lot of bugs being fixed and improvements in the performance of the device after the installation of the update. The major bug fixes included as per the changelog of the update are
- Profile sharing won’t enable and keeps saying check network connection
- Home screen does not fit the screen properly.
- Phone restarting while using the camera.
- The smart view doesn’t seem to see LG TV.
- YouTube app crashes phone causing it to restart.
- Always on Display side clock and info no longer fits the home screen
- After connecting phone to USB and via Bluetooth at car and phone froze and restarted
- Message app does not respond properly. It always hangs on exiting the app
- Use a black theme, text cannot display completely.
- Every time you hang up the phone, popup “Call ANR”.
- Device restarted after calling on recent calls.
- Galaxy Apps occurs unknown vibrations.
- Video plays fast after connecting HDMI cable.
- S finder run when push volume key on app tray
- Settings force closes when removing all registered fingerprints
- Samsung Account force closes whenever back up secure folder
- Bixby briefing doesn’t work
Please stay tuned to us for the latest news about smartphones. If any queries please feel free to drop a comment below.