If you are an Oukitel K9 user, then we have awesome news for you guys. Here we are sharing a guide to Root Oukitel K9 With Magisk (No TWRP Required). Finally, the Oukitel K9 can be rooted with Magisk. The best part is users don’t need to have TWRP recovery. Currently, there is no TWRP recovery available for the devices, so it is the only way to Root Oukitel K9.
Oukitel K9 sports a 7.12-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 Pixels. The device comes with MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T, 64-bit Processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128 GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256 GB via microSD card.
The camera on the Oukitel K9 sports a Dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera and a 16MP front camera for selfies. It houses a 6000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Non-Removable Battery. Oukitel K9 features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
This method of rooting an Android device doesn’t require TWRP as it uses the patch boot image. This is really a great thing as there are many devices for which TWRP recovery or any other recovery is not available. For the new devices too, this is the only method to get root access.
Rooting Oukitel K9 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Oukitel K9, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo or 9.0 Pie) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS 15.1 or AOSP Pie. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Oukitel K9 With Magisk Manager
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM (1.4 GB)
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Oukitel K9
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the following command to boot your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Note: If you have MediaTek powered device you can follow this guide to flash the patched boot.img > How to Install MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool (MTK Android Smartphones)
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.