Update: Official stable Android Pie 9.0 has also been released for various devices and many devices have been rooted running Android Pie. Just search the device name on the web to find a rooting guide for a particular device. Google has released Android P Developer Preview 1 firmware on 6th March and it is only a matter of a few months before the official stable version comes out for every smartphone. In this article, we will discuss the possible ways to root Android 9.0 devices. This will help you to get rid of unwanted applications or bloatware and free your smartphone’s memory and RAM usage. You can also install custom ROM as per your liking and compatibility.
Even though there has been a steady increase in the number of Android users rooting their device, there is still a vast majority of casual users who are not aware of rooting and think of it as a highly complex and risky task. Contrary to such misconceptions, rooting is a simple and easy-to-perform task which can be performed by anyone be it a programmer or a casual Android user. Today, in this post, we are going to show you how you can root your Energy Phone Colors and install TWRP. Once you have gained root access, you will get an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, play with the interface, delete the unwanted apps, and unlock the features which were otherwise hidden in the factory version.
What is Rooting Means:
- 1 What is Rooting Means:
- 2 Root Android P Device Using Fastboot and ADB Method – (All Devices Expect Samsung and some other brands)
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
- You should take a complete backup of your device data.
- The device must have at least 80% battery charge.
- The bootloader must be unlocked.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
Root Android P Device Using Fastboot and ADB Method – (All Devices Expect Samsung and some other brands)
You have to use Odin flash tool on Samsung devices to flash TWRP then flash supersu or magisk via TWRP to root Samsung phones.[mks_button size=”medium” title=”How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin” style=”rounded” url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-on-samsung-devices-using-odin/” target=”_self” bg_color=”#40c93e” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”icon-paper-clip” icon_type=”sl” nofollow=”0″]
This method is applicable for smartphones of various popular OEMs like Google, LG, Moto, Huawei, Sony and OnePlus and others. It involves four simple steps –
- Install Fastboot and ADB.
- Install TWRP using Fastboot and ADB.
- Install Root Files using TWRP.
- Install SuperSu or Magisk.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery Officially on Android Pie 9.0 Devices
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Download ADB driver for your computer based on the operating system and install it.
- Download Fastboot files and extract on your computer.
- Download TWRP recovery file and rename it to recovery.img. Then copy it to the fastboot folder.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable.
- Go to Settings> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock. Enable USB Debugging Mode from Developer Options.
- Reboot the device in fastboot mode.
- Go to the Fastboot folder on your computer and Press Shift key and right-click to select Open Command Prompt Window Here option.
- Then type the following –
Fastboot boot recovery.img
Wait for the process to get complete and then disconnect your phone from your computer. TWRP recovery is installed.
Steps To Install Root Files Using TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSu.zip and transfer it to your phone’s memory.
- Boot your phone in the recovery mode by pressing Volume UP + Power button simultaneously.(some device will have different key combination)
- From the menu, go to Wipe> Advance Wipe> Cache Data.
- Once done, go to the home menu and select Install.
- Select SuperSu.zip and swipe to start the installation.
- Reboot your device normally after installation.
Note: Instead of SuperSu, you could have installed Magisk as well.
Root Android P Galaxy Android Pie 9.0 Devices
- Download Samsung USB driver and install on your computer.
- Download Odin and extract on your computer.
- Download TWRP recovery file and store in a proper folder.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Developer options on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Switch off and enter the download mode by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home buttons together.
- After entering the Download mode, you will get a message to press Volume Up to continue. Do as directed.
- Connect your device to your computer and launch the Odin application.
- It will detect your phone and show you an appropriate message.
- Click on AP/PDA section and browse for the TWRP recovery file on your computer.
- Once TWRP recovery is installed, you can check it by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Then you can install SuperSU or Magisk after wiping cache data.