Realme has started pushing stable Android 11 update to Realme 6 and Realme 6i users in India. The software update brings the company’s latest Realme UI 2.0 skin which brings a bunch of new features, in addition to the Android 11 core features.
The new software update is currently rolling out to Realme 6 and 6i users in India bundled with the firmware version RMX2001_11.C.12. The devices were launched last year with Android 10 out of the box. Now, Android 11 comes as the first major OS upgrade for the Realme 6 and 6i.
According to the changelog, the update brings the ‘inertial zoom’ feature for smoother video shooting and adds the ‘level and grid’ feature for composing videos. It optimizes the photo editing feature with more markup effects, filters, and upgraded algorithms. The newly added ‘Sound amplifier’ feature amplifies faint sounds and is claimed to soften loud sounds when using earphones.
Realme UI 2.0 update also brings Sleep Capsule feature to restrict specific app activity and its notifications. With HeyTap Cloud, users can easily take a backup of photos, documents, system settings, and more. It also makes migration easier than before. In the game department, the update adds Immersive mode to reduce the disturbance while gaming. It also allows the users to change the Game Assistant call-up method.
Realme UI 2.0 brings support for the third-party app icons on the home screen. Users can now switch between three dark mode styles – Enhanced, medium, and gentle. Users will get a “Low battery message” when the battery goes below 15%. For a detailed look at the new changes, read the changelog given below.
Realme 6, 6i Realme UI 2.0 Update Changelog:
- Personalise the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency
- You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimised “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
- Security and Privacy
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified contacts.
- More powerful SOS functions Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- HeyTap Cloud
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- realme Lab
- Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.