Realme GT 2 Pro is the company’s first smartphone in the premium segment. It was launched at the beginning of this year and came to India last month. Inspired by a paper-like design, the Realme GT 2 Pro features an AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, and a 50MP triple rear camera setup. The Chinese smartphone brand has kicked off a new software update for the Realme 2 Pro that fixes loads of problems including the overheating issue in BGMI. It also brings the April 2022 security patch and several improvements. Let’s take a brief look at how the new update benefits the device.
The latest software update for Realme GT 2 Pro is based on Android 12. It brings the April 2022 security patch that fixes numerous vulnerabilities to bump up the system security and privacy protection. Realme has fixed dozens of issues with the new update. It includes Always on Display not working, MS Intune application working issue, task failing to close even after closing it from the recent tasks menu, image display issue after it is moved to another place, and the unexpected restarting issue of the device.
The fingerprint algorithm has been improved to increase the success rate. The latest update for Realme GT 2 Pro also includes some camera-specific changes. It includes improved clarity when you zoom in or zoom out and fixes an image preview issue and video shooting issues. Gaming folks should get happy with the update as it promises to fix the overheating issue while playing BGMI.
Realme GT 2 Pro is getting the latest software update with the firmware version RMX3301_11_A.15. As you might have expected, the update is again rolling out in a staged fashion. It simply means that the new build will reach a limited number of users at first, followed by a broader rollout in the coming days.
Realme GT 2 Pro update – RMX3301_11_A.15 – Changelog:
- Integrates the April 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves smoothness when you swipe from the screen edge.
- Fixes an issue of Always On Display not working.
- Fixes an issue of MS Intune application not working.
- Fixes an issue where a task might fail to be closed when you swipe up on it from recent tasks.
- Fixes an image display issue that might occur after the image is moved to a different place.
- Fixes an issue where your phone might unexpectedly restart.
- Improves the success rate of fingerprint unlock.
- Rear camera
- Improves clarity when you zoom in or out.
- Fixes an image preview issue.
- Fixes a video shooting issue.
- Temperature control
- Improves the overheating issue of BGMI.
If you’ve already grabbed the latest update, it’s good. Those who are still in the queue waiting for the update can either wait for an update notification to hit their phone or manually check for the update by navigating to Settings >> Software updates.