The Realme GT 2 Pro has become the first Realme smartphone to start the Android 13 Early Access Program. The Android 13 Early Access Program is open to a limited number of users.
Although Realme hasn’t mentioned the exact number of seats but the users who submit applications first will get more chances. The early access application will start on August 4th and there’s no time limit but the number of seats will likely be limited.
Prerequisites of participating in the Android 13 Early Access Program
If you’re interested in participating in the Android 13 Early Access on your Realme GT 2 Pro, you’ll have to submit the application as soon as you can. However, there are certain prerequisites that you’ll need to know about and follow before you submit the form.
- Ensure that your device isn’t rooted
- Update your device to the required version – RMX3301_11.A.16/RMX3301_11.A.17
- Expect the update to have major bugs
How to apply for the Android 13 Early Access Program on Realme GT 2 Pro
- Open the Settings app on your Realme GT 2 Pro
- Head over to About Device -> Realme UI icon -> tap three dots on the top-right corner
- Choose Trial Version -> Early Access and then tap Apply Now
- Fill in the information and then tap Submit
The Realme team will then check your application. If your application is approved and the seats are vacant, you’ll be sent an OTA update on your smartphone. Check for updates after a while. If the update is available, ensure that you take a full backup before you install the update.
As the Android 13 Early Access is still a beta update, it could have major bugs. You should install it on your secondary device and not as a daily driver. If you’ve updated to Android 13 Early Access and want to return to the stable Android 12 update, you should install the Rollback package on your device.