When you’re on an important WhatsApp call, sometimes you’ll want to record it. But is it possible to record WhatsApp calls on your Android smartphone or iPhone? As recording calls is illegal in some areas, it’ll be important to check what the law states before you start recording calls. In this article, you’ll get to know how to record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone and Android smartphones.
How to record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone
Interestingly, iPhones have never had a call recording feature, not even for normal phone calls. Android devices allow call recordings through inbuilt options and third-party apps. However, the only way iPhone users could record a phone call was by using paid services that would reroute calls through their channels. With WhatsApp calls, this was never possible. For recording a WhatsApp call on your iPhone, follow these steps –
- Open the Control Center by swiping down the upper-right corner
- Tap the screen recorder icon
- Return to your WhatsApp call to start recording
- Tap the red icon located at the upper-left corner of your iPhone’s screen to end the screen recording once you’ve recorded the call
You’ll find the screen recording of your WhatsApp call in the camera roll. Unfortunately, it only works for video calls and it won’t work for audio calls as the audio doesn’t get recorded.
How to record WhatsApp calls on your Android smartphones
Most Android smartphones come with a pre-installed audio recording app. As long as you’ve put the WhatsApp call on speakerphone, you’ll be able to use this audio recording app to record your WhatsApp calls.
- On the WhatsApp call screen, tap the speaker icon for putting the call on speaker phone
- Then, press the home button or swipe up from the bottom for going back to the home screen
- Open the built-in recorder app on your Android device
- Hit the record button to start recording
Once you’re done with the WhatsApp call, stop the recording, and it’ll get saved in the Recordings folder of your device’s internal storage.
Another method that you can use is by using the built-in screen recording feature available on Android devices. For that, you won’t have to put the call on speakerphone. For this method, follow these instructions –
- Start the WhatsApp call that you want to record
- Swipe from the top of the screen towards the bottom twice to bring down the quick settings
- Choose the Screen Recorder option
- From the Record audio drop-down, choose “Device audio and microphone”
- Ensure that the Record Audio toggle is on
- Now, hit start to start recording
- Once the call is over or you want to stop recording, pull down the notifications shade and tap “Stop” on the Recording Screen and Audio notification