The Xiaomi Redmi 7A (onclite) users have started getting the August 2020 security patch. The update brings the version number MIUI 22.214.171.124.QCMINXM in India. You can even download the Redmi 7A v126.96.36.199.QCMINXM update from our download section and manually flash it.
The update is currently being released via OTA (Over-the-air) and available in the Russian region. The update will slowly make its way to other parts of the globe. This update focuses on system security enhancement.
You can manually check the software update on your device whether it’s available on your device or not. Head over to the device Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be rolled out globally in an incremental manner and it should take some time to appear on all the units. If in case, you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update, you can manually download & install the firmware update from the link below.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security
- Take a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52.QCMINXM:
|V184.108.40.206.QCMINXM||Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM|
Guide to Install Redmi 7A MIUI 220.127.116.11.QCMINXM India Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide):
If you don’t want to flash the firmware manually, then wait for a few days. The update may take some weeks to be made available all across the globe.