After a long wait, Xiaomi has pushed the official MIUI 12 China stable firmware update to Redmi K30/Poco X2 (4G). The update bumps the software version number to 188.8.131.52.QGHCNXM from version 184.108.40.206.QGHCNXM
This is a China stable ROM, so users running the previous China stable version will receive the latest MIUI 12 update via OTA (Over-the-air). The update brings loads of new features and improvements. The update is around 824MB in size (OTA).
Just like any other airborne update, this too is being rolled out in a phased manner and it may take some time before it is made available on all K30 units. You can manually check the software update on your device whether it’s available on your device or not.
For 5G Model: Download V220.127.116.11.QGICNXM: Redmi K30 5G MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM
This is a major update so there are loads of new features and improvements added to this build. You can check the full changelog below to know about all the new features and improvements.
– MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
– New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
– New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
– New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
– New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
– New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
– New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
– Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
– New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
– New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
– New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
– New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
– New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
– New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
– New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
– New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
– New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
– Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
– Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
– Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
– Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
– New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
– New: You can track your previous trips now.
– New: Checklists for trips.
– New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
– New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
– New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
– New: Buy SIM cards and services.
– New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
– New: All-new design.
– New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
– New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
– New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
– New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
– Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
– New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
– New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
– New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
– New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
– New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
– Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12.
Manual OTA Check
Head over to the device Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Take a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: 22.214.171.124.QGHCNXM : Download: Link (Recovery)
- Android: 10
Guide to Install Firmware update On Redmi K30/Poco X2
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now, follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually
How To Install Stock Firmware on Any Xiaomi Device via Recovery or Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 12 update on your Xiaomi device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.