Here we will be sharing a detailed guide to Root Redmi Note 8T and Install TWRP Recovery. Yes, now users can root their Redmi Note 8T devices as an unofficial TWRP recovery is made available for the device. The uploaded TWRP file name is twrp-3.3.1-8-ginkgo-willow-mauronofrio.img. The file is around 64 MB in size
Xioami devices mostly the Redmi series devices are very popular among the developers as there is a big user base. There are many ROMs available for the device and there many which are under development but users need to have a Custom Recovery with unlocked bootloader to install those ROMs or any modification files. Though the official TWRP isn’t available for the Redmi Note 8T yet, thanks to the XDA Developers mauronofrio Senior Member for sharing the unofficial TWRP file.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential, “Rooting” means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 9.0 Pie or Android 10) On old devices by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get a better battery life.
Download TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 8T
- Latest TWRP For Redmi Note 8T
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.[/note]
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 8T
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the unofficial TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 8T
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T)
- Download the latest Supersu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now, follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done! This will Root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T successfully.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates to your smartphone. If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.