Steps to Relock Bootloader via Fastboot on Any Android Device: Having an unlocked bootloader on an Android device is the best thing that can ever happen to you. If you already are a geek by heart, then you will definitely know of the millions of advantages that come with an unlocked bootloader. Some of them include rooting, flashing ROMs, flashing kernels, and overall mastering your device’s capabilities to its core.
However, very recently, there have been issues with devices with unlocked bootloaders. Since they are not the same way OEMs intended them to be, unlocked bootloaders sometimes cause a lot of security concerns and threats. Fairly recently, Google made Android Pay unavailable to devices with an unlocked bootloader. So, what do you do in such a case?
Well, isn’t the answer too obvious? You relock your bootloader. While there are a couple of ways of doing it, we will be doing it using the traditional fastboot way, which is the quickest and the easiest amongst all the different methods. For this, you will need to setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer, have a device with an unlocked bootloader, and a USB connection.Follow the given steps to safely Relock Bootloader via Fastboot on Android
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Must Read [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot [/symple_box]
How To Relock Bootloader via Fastboot on Android
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Connect you Android device, and launch the Fastboot CMD window.
- Next up, type the following command to reboot your device into the fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device reboots into the fastboot mode, type in any one of the following commands. You don’t need to type all of them in. Since different devices use different codes to relock their bootloaders, if one of the codes works for you, stop right there.
fastboot oem lock
fastboot flashing lock
fastboot oem relock
- Now, reboot your Android device using the following command :
Good going! Now you can use services like Android Pay since you’ve relocked your bootloader.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram