In this guide, we will have a walk through and all necessary steps to safely install TWRP Recovery and Root on Xiaomi Mi 6. Rooting Mi 6 lets you attain privileged control over various Android hidden features. You can customise anything on your device. Rooting your device allows you to remove all the restrictions applied by the manufacturer. Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
Rooting Xiaomi Mi 6 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 6, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device. Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root on Mi 6. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Huawei P10/P10 Plus while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6 – Download
- SuperSU for Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP Recovery for Mi 6
- ADB and Fastboot
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Xiaomi Mi 6
Install TWRP Recovery:
- Put the downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file as TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. by holding the shift key on the keyboard and right mouse click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by executing the following command in CMD
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to flash the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- To reboot your device in recovery mode, then execute the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your ROM is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Now flash the DM-Verity also like you flashed the SuperSu File.