Steps To Install TWRP recovery and Root AT&T Galaxy S6 (SM-G920A) Running Android 7.0 Nougat: AT&T has updated its Samsung Galaxy S6 series phones to latest Android 7.0 Nougat officially in May this year.many of you have already received the update.If you have updated your Galaxy S6 On AT&T to official Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware and now looking for a guide to root it then we have got you covered.
Rooting a device gives you additional benefits like being able to install special apps, flash custom ROMs, so basically, you can streamline your phone’s performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted.
First You have to download the latest Odin flash tool on your PC.Then you can flash the latest working TWRP Recovery on your device.After that, you can root your AT&T S6 by flashing the SuperSu root pack via TWRP recovery.
Now here we come with a full working guide on How to Install TWRP and Root AT&T Galaxy S6 On Android 7.0 Nougat (SM-G920A). While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
TWRP For AT&T S6 (SM-G920A) (Coming Soon)
3) Latest ODIN
4) Latest SuperSu (Download it to your phone’s storage)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T Galaxy S6 Running Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- → Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery On AT&T S6 > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
How To Root AT&T Galaxy S6 On Android 7.0 Nougat (SM-G920A) Using SuperSu
- After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to flash SuperSu root file to get your device rooted.Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Image Credit: Droid Forum
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.