How to root Energy Phone Colors and Install TWRP Recovery (Updated Guide): Energy Phone Colors sports a 4.4-inch TFT (WVGA) display screen with 480P resolution. It is powered by Dual Core processor ARM Cortex A7, 1GHz and GPU Mali-400.It has 512 MB LPDDR3 RAM, and a 4 GB internal storage capacity. It comes with Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box and has a removable 1450mAh battery. It sports a 5.0 MP main camera on the rear side.It also has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and more.
Have you ever rooted an Android device? If not, then that is going to have to change today. Rooting is easily one of the features that are available on any Android smartphone. Even though there has been a steady increase in the number of Android users rooting their device, there is still a vast majority of casual users who are not aware of rooting and think of it as a highly complex and risky task. Contrary to such misconceptions, rooting is a simple and easy-to-perform task which can be performed by anyone be it a programmer or a casual Android user. Today, in this post, we are going to show you how you can root your Energy Phone Colors and install TWRP. Once you have gained root access, you will get an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, play with the interface, delete the unwanted apps, and unlock the features which were otherwise hidden in the factory version.
In case you are a Energy Phone Colors user who is tired of looking for the perfect rooting guide to help you root your device, then your search ends now. In this post, we will first be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting and its benefits, and later we will give you a simple instruction manual to help you root your device within minutes.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Table Of Contents
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 WARNING
- 0.4 PRE-REQUIREMENTS
- 1 Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Energy Phone Colors
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Energy Phone Colors and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to ge your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Energy Phone Colors
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On Energy Phone Colors
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the Download TWRP Recovery (Credit: Needrom) and transfer it to your Energy Phone Colors
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Energy Phone Colors. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Note: Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: Root Energy Phone Colors
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Energy Phone Colors
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root Energy Phone Colors
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your Energy Phone Colors has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.
Note: Image used in this post is not owned by us and it is the property of its respective owner
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram