Root Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN and Install TWRP on Android Nougat 7.1.1: As you all might have heard about this highly popular Galaxy series, so there is no need to introduce it. Its Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN comes packed with an exceptional set of features and specifications. It comes with a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display screen with an HD resolution of 1280x720p, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 1.2GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a 3100mAh Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS out of the box but it has an update for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow available. Its other features include Dual SIM standby, a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, GLONASS, and more.
This guide is only for the international unlocked variant of Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 with model number SM-J510GN, so don’t try this on other variants of the device.Follow all the steps mentioned below carefully to avoid bricked device kind of situations.
Hello guys! Are you a Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN and want to get root access on your device, if your answer is yes then your search ends here.Today, in this post, we are going to change that! In this post, we will be sharing with you how you all can easily root your Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN and install TWRP on Android Nougat 7.1.1. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up an abundance of options which will allow you to play with the settings, make changes to the interface, edit the menu icons, install custom ROMs, unlock features which were otherwise hidden in the unrooted version, and more.
If you happen to be a Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN user who is looking to root their device, then you need to read this post carefully. Here, we will be providing you all the basic information which you must know before beginning the rooting process. After that, we will provide you with an elaborate step-by-step guide which will help you root your device within minutes.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.Follow the step by step careful to get your device rooted without any issues.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC. (check download section below)
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Some Popular Posts You May Like
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Install Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN
How To Install TWRP and Root Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN On Android Nougat 7.1.1
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access.We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery OnGalaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN >
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN (Not Tested)
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510GN successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.