Steps to Root Google Nexus 6P and Install TWRP On Oreo 8.1 OPM3.171019.016 (Codename: angler): Google Nexus 6P was the last device of Nexus series which was launched with Nexus 5X the cheaper Nexus device of 2015.Nexus 6P was priced higher than the previous Nexus phones and it was one of the best Nexus phones ever built.Google then stopped making Nexus phones and started making premium devices called Pixel to compete with Apple ecosystem.
Nexus 6P is a hugely popular device but Android 8.1 oreo is the last official update for the device.Nexus 6p and 5x won’t be getting the recently released Android 9.0 (P) Developer Preview.But Google has released Android Oreo 8.1 OPM3.171019.016 for the device.If you have updated your device to this build and now want to get root access, then you are at the right place.Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Root Google Nexus 6P and Install TWRP On Oreo 8.1 OPM3.171019.016
Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the Google Nexus 6P which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on Google Nexus 6P and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
Also, if you install TWRP recovery on your smartphone then you can also root your smartphone and then you can install any other ROM as well. Now, you should follow this guide properly for a successful installation of recovery on your phone.
You need a computer in order to flash the TWRP recovery on your device. Once the installation process is complete, you can follow the below step by step instructions to download and flash the superSU zip file or latest Magisk on your to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Warning
- 0.4 Pre-Requisites
- 0.5 Downloads
- 1 How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Google Nexus 6P
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Google Nexus 6P TWRP Recovery – Download
You can flash either SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP recovery to get root access.
How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Google Nexus 6P
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Google Nexus 6P
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Google Nexus 6P (Download section above)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Google Nexus 6P
How to Root Google Nexus 6P
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Google Nexus 6P )
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Google Nexus 6P )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Xiaomi Google Nexus 6P successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!