Here we will be sharing a guide to root Root Panasonic Eluga X1 With Magisk. Thanks to the Magisk manager and stock firmware of the device we now can Root Panasonic Eluga X1. This method doesn’t require TWRP recovery or any other Custom Recovery.
Panasonic Eluga X1 has a 6.18-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The device is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771) processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and packs 64GB of ROM that can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. Panasonic Eluga X1 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box
The Panasonic Eluga X1 sports rear packs a dual rear camera setup which consists of a 16-megapixel primary camera and a second 5-megapixel camera. It has a 16-megapixel camera. The device houses a 3000mAh battery which is non-removable.
Manufacturers allow users to unlock the bootloader of their devices and thanks to that rooting becomes a reality. Like all other Android devices, Panasonic Eluga X1 comes with an unlockable bootloader which means root can be gained on the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Panasonic Eluga X1 With Magisk Manager
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Panasonic Eluga X1
Note: If you have MediaTek powered device you can follow this guide to flash the patched boot.img > How to Install MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool (MTK Android Smartphones)
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the following command to boot your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.