Xiaomi Redmi 8A is an entry-level budget smartphone that has been launched in September 2019. It has a 6.2-inches HD+ display, SDM439 SoC, Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 11, up to 4GB/64GB variant, a bigger battery, and more. Due to its all-rounder specifications and price tag, it becomes so much popular in the market. So, if you’re a Redmi 8A user or planning to buy this, you can now root your Redmi 8A easily. Check out the guide on How To Root Redmi 8A and Install TWRP Recovery.
Xiaomi devices and MIUI skin are so much customizable & developer-friendly as well. There are plenty of customizations and Custom ROMs available for each and every Xiaomi devices. Though the official TWRP isn’t available for the Redmi 8A yet, thanks to the XDA Developers Junior Member milankragujevic for sharing the unofficial TWRP file.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential, “Rooting” means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 9.0 Pie or Android 10) On old devices by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get a better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Benefits Of TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery
[note type=”important”]rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.[/note]
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi 8A : Checkout our dedicated guide > Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi 8A
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 8A
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the unofficial TWRP Recovery For Redmi 8A
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 8A
- Make sure to flash the vbmeta file as well. That’s necessary. Otherwise, your phone will fail to boot.
- Download vbmeta for Redmi 8A (codename: olivelite)
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 8A
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Redmi 8A)
- Download the latest Supersu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Redmi 8A)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now, follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done! This will Root your Xiaomi Redmi 8A successfully.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates to your smartphone. If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.