Full Guide to safely Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1 lollipop.Full step by step guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 mini on android 5.1.1 Update
If you have updated your Galaxy S5 mini to Official Android 5.1.1 lollipop and now thinking of rooting it then there is a good news for you guys.Now you can root your Samsung galaxy S5 Mini on Android 5.1.1 update.
The stock kernel doesn’t support root.So You have to Flash a Custom Kernel called Blue Cat (4pda.ru) to root your Samsung galaxy S5 mini.Just download the Kernel from the link given below and flash it through Odin or just follow the step by step instruction to Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1
How to Safely Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1
If you want to Unbrick Or Unroot Your S5 Mini (BootLoop Fix) Or Want to Return Back to stock ROM then Just follow this guide—>>>>How To Unroot / Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (BootLoop Fix)
This guide is only for Galaxy S5 mini (G800H)
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy s5 mini while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
How to Safely Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader
Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1
Setup before staring:
1.INSTALL SAMSUNG GALAXY DRIVERS
First you need to Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on windows PC. This will help you to sendbasic linux commands, and a variety Android specific commands from PC to connected Android devices.
Now you need to install the USB drivers to connect your device with the computer to follow this guide. Without these USB drivers you can’t connect your device to the PC, first download and install these drivers on your system.
4. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE
Now you need to enable USB debugging mode. Without enabling USB debugging mode on your device you can’t start the root, Custom ROM or Unlock process.(Setting->About Phone->Build Number->Tap 7 times on build number->It will enable the developer mode in the main setting->Go to Developer->Enable the Debugging)
Download Galaxy S5 mini 5.1.1 custom kernel (Blue Cat’s Kernel)
Odin PC software — Link
Download latest SuperSU .zip
How to Safely Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1 Update (Step-1)
Step 1. Download Custom kernel file from above.
Step 2. Install Galaxy Drivers.First of all. Double-click the .exe file of drivers to begin the installation. (Not required if you have already done this.
Step 3. Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
Step 4. Disconnect your MetroPCS Galaxy Core from PC if it is connected.
Step 5. Boot Galaxy S5 mini into download mode:
- Power off your Galaxy S5 mini. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Power + Home + Volume down together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
Step 7. Connect your Galaxy S5 mini to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your Galaxy S5 mini. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognizedyour device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with the device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too, btw.
Step 8. Load the Custom Kernel.tar file into Odin. For this, click the AP button on Odin and the select the kernel’s file you downloaded above.
Step 9. Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
Step 10. Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing Custom Kernel on S5 mini.Wait till installation is finished, after which your Galaxy S5 mini will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do this all again. Disconnect your device, close Odin, boot device into download mode again, open Odin, and then select the file and flash it again as said above.
- If you get FAIL in the top left box, then also you need to flash the file again as stated just above.
Now Your phone has the custom kernel.Now we have to flash the super su.Zip file through TWRP.
Root S5 mini on Android 5.1.1 Update (Step-2 )
- Turn your phone OFF to boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Next, Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons altogether to boot into the TWRP recovery.
- Tap the Install button in TWRP and select the SuperSU-v2.46.zip.
- After the installation is completed, reboot the system Via TWRP Recovery main menu.
To verify the root status install Root Checker.
→DONE!!! Your Galaxy S5 mini On Android 5.1.1 lollipop update is now rooted!Enjoy..:)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.