Today, we are going to share with you valuable information regarding rooting and how you can install TWRP Recovery, and easily root Wiko Fever 4G. This post is especially for those users who have never tried to root their device thinking it is very complex and risky procedure. As opposed to most myths, rooting is a really easy task and can be performed by anyone whether it is a high-tech programmer or a casual Android user. Once you root your device, you will have access to an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, customize it, delete the bloatware, and more.
While most people might not have heard about Wiko, it is a decent brand which comes with some really cool devices. Wiko Fever 4G is powered by a Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU processor coupled with 2/3 GB RAM. The device comes with 16 GB internal storage + microSD (up to 64 GB).It is has a large 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (1080 x 1920 pixels, 424 ppi) display. It sports a 13MP rear camera and supports Wifi, GPS, 3G and 4G LTE. It houses a Li-Po 2900 mAh battery.The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.
In case you are a Wiko Fever 4G user who has been looking to root their device for quite some time but hasn’t been able to pull it off due to lack of information on this topic, then this post will be highly beneficial for you. Here, we will give you the basic information that you need to have before you root a device. We will also be giving you the answer to questions like what exactly is rooting? How is rooting beneficial? How to root an Android device?
Rooting WIKO Fever 4G gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your WIKO Fever 4G, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root WIKO Fever 4G . While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 WARNING
- 0.4 PRE-REQUIREMENTS
- 1 Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On WIKO Fever 4G
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential, ‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot. Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root WIKO Fever 4G and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On WIKO Fever 4G
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On WIKO Fever 4G
You can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the Download TWRP Recovery (184.108.40.206 – Android 5.1 Lollipop) or Download TWRP Recovery (220.127.116.11 – Android 6.0 Marshmallow) and transfer it to your WIKO Fever 4G.
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your WIKO Fever 4G. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Note: Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: Root WIKO Fever 4G
#1 Using SuperSu To Root WIKO Fever 4G
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root WIKO Fever 4G
Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your WIKO Fever 4G has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.
Note: Images used in this post are not owned by us, these are properties of respective owner.