Follow the guide to safely Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Android 9.0 Pie. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone was launched in January 2015. It comes equipped with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It was the flagship device of that yea. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa (14 nm) octa-core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The device comes with 32/64/128GB of internal storage. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 runs Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box and houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
The last official update for the device was Android 7.0 Nougat. But as it is a very popular Samsung Flagship the device has been getting regular support from the developer community. The unofficial Lineage OS 16 finally came to the Galaxy Note 5. There are many Galaxy devices which have already received the unofficial built of the ROM and now Galaxy Note 5 joined that list. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy Note 5 based on Android 9.0 Pie but the developer has claimed that the ROM is stable.
Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy Note 5. We are thankful to recognized Xda developer DqrKn3Zz for the ROM.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is fully stable according to the developer and can be used as a daily driver. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Update Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Android 9.0 Pie (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery mode
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on your device
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.