Now you can easily Install Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z3 | Android 9.0 Pie (codenamed: z3) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Sony Xperia Z3 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
We are very thankful to Developer igor_nikitin for the ROM. Thee uploaded ROM file name is lineage_z3-20190530.igor .zip and it is around 452 MB in size. Always try to download the latest build of the ROM as that will be the most stable version. For more info about the ROM, please check out the source page mention at the end of the article.
The best thing about Custom ROM is that it will help users to customize their device according to their needs. For users who cannot wait for official OTA update, can still make a way to run the latest Google’s latest Android Os. Many developers have been developing and releasing the latest Android 9 Pie based Custom ROMs for various devices. Lineage OS 16 is the most popular among them.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z3.
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z3 | Android Pie (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.