The OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are two of the newest smartphones to receive OnePlus’ latest software update, the major Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 stable update with firmware version numbers LE2111_11_F.16 and LE2121_11_F.16, respectively.
The OnePlus 10 Pro, however, has already received this big OxygenOS 13 update in India, Europe, and North America from the Chinese manufacturer. Reports is that the OxygenOS 13 update release is initially available to those who took part in the Open beta versions of the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, and will then progressively roll out to more locations over the course of several days. The latest OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 9 series has an updated package size of 4.92/5.02 GB.
In terms of the software, OnePlus claims that the Aquamorphic design concept included in the OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro makes it much simpler and quicker to handle your smartphone.
New widgets, system icons, Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, theme colours, streamlined task management features, heightened security and privacy, new Always-On Display styles, better visual effects, and much more are just a few of the many improvements included in this version. You may learn more about what to expect from Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 by reading the list of upcoming features and their descriptions below.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog:
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
[Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
[Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Steps to update
To download this firmware, go to Settings > System & Updates > Software Update. The smartphone will now connect to the server and download the updated firmware. Nonetheless, the procedure could take some time, so make sure your phone has adequate juice before beginning.