[Status] Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy Note 2 (Android 9.0 Pie): Here I am going to share all the information about Lineage OS 16 (Official / Unofficial) For Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you want to know “When Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy Note 2 (Android 9.0) Will Arrive” then you are in the right place. Samsung released the flagship smartphone in the Galaxy Note series this year which was the Galaxy Note 9 and this smartphone comes as a successor to the Galaxy Note 8.
Now, the Galaxy Note lineup of smartphones sees a new smartphone every year and there have been more than six generations of Galaxy Note smartphones launched until now. The first smartphone to be launched in the Galaxy Note series was the Samsung Galaxy Note. The Samsung Galaxy Note devices are very popular among developers and you can see it by looking at the custom ROMs available for Galaxy Note devices.
Lineage OS 16 is not officially released for any device right now, but unofficial builds are made available for many Android smartphones and many are being added on daily basis. You can check out our Lineage OS 16 download page which will be linked below. Lineage OS 16 is the next-gen Custom Os of Lineage OS 15. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie source code. The installation is very simple, you can flash the ROM via any Custom Recovery.
The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 9.0 Pie is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices and Adaptive brightness. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 9.0 Pie).
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Specs:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was the most popular device of 2012. It has all the top-notch specs and features. It comes equipped with a large 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. It is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. It has 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card. In the camera department, it has an 8-megapixel back and a 1.9-megapixel front camera. The Galaxy Note 2 runs Android 4.1 KitKat out of the box and houses a 3100mAh removable battery
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy Note 2 (Android 9.0 Pie) || All The Information
Lineage OS 16 is and will be available in 2 forms one is Official build which will be released the official Lineage OS team and the second one is unofficial builds which are being released by third-party developers.
Full List Of Devices: [Download] List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 Pie)[/mks_pullquote]
Official Lineage OS 16
- Current Status: Not available
- Expected Release date: Galaxy Note 2 is not going to get the Lineage OS 16 officially.
Unofficial Lineage OS 16
- Current Status: Not available
- Expected Release date: Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) was not released for the device. But there was some development, you can read it here in this Xda thread. But unfortunately, it is looking like the Galaxy Note 2 isn’t going to an unofficial Lineage OS 16 build either.
We recommend you to keep visiting this page weekly as we will be adding new info to this post.