Update: Feb. 12 /2019: The unofficial Lineage OS 16 based On Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the device. We have already posted a dedicated article about that. Follow this to read the full article: Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S6 | Android 9.0 Pie
[Status] Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 9.0 Pie) || Global Variant: SM-G920F: Here I am going to share all the information about Lineage OS 16 (Official / Unofficial) For Samsung Galaxy S6. If you want to know “When Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S6 (Android 9.0) Will Arrive” then you are in the right place. Samsung released the flagship smartphone in the Galaxy series this year which was the Galaxy S9 and this smartphone comes as a successor to the Galaxy S8
Lineage OS 16 is not officially released for any device right now, but unofficial builds are made available for many Android smartphones and many are being added on daily basis. You can check out our Lineage OS 16 download page which will be linked below. Lineage OS 16 is the next-gen Custom Os of Lineage OS 15. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie source code. The installation is very simple, you can flash the ROM via any Custom Recovery.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 was the flagship device of 2015 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.10-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 577 pixels per inch. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has 32GB of internal storage (Non-expandable). The Samsung Galaxy S6 sports a 16-megapixel main camera on the back and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Samsung Galaxy S6 runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box and houses a 2550 mAh removable battery.
Now, the Galaxy S lineup of smartphones sees a new smartphone every year and there have been more than seven generations of Galaxy S smartphones launched until now. The first smartphone to be launched in the Galaxy S series was the Samsung Galaxy S. The Samsung Galaxy S series devices along with the Note series are very popular among developers and you can see it by looking at the custom ROMs available for Galaxy devices.
The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S6 based on Android 9.0 Pie will be packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices and Adaptive brightness.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 9.0 Pie) || All The Information
Lineage OS 16 is and will be available in 2 forms one is Official build which will be released the official Lineage OS team and the second one is unofficial builds which are being released by third-party developers.
Full List Of Devices: [Download] List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 Pie)
Official Lineage OS 16
- Current Status: Not available
- Expected Release date: Galaxy S6 is not going to get the Lineage OS 16 officially.
Unofficial Lineage OS 16
- Current Status: Not available
- Expected Release date: Samsung Galaxy S6 has received all the previous versions of Cyanogen MOD and Lineage OS ROMs including the last Lineage OS 15.1, so it will be getting the Lineage OS 16 for sure. If you want you can download the Lineage OS 15.1 from here. The Galaxy S5 has already received the Lineage OS 16 so it may take just few days for the Galaxy S6 to get the same ROM.
Where to Download Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S6
- Currently, Lineage OS 16 is not available for the device. Once it is available you can find the download link here in this post or you can go to Xda developers as most of the developers shares their work on Xda first.
We recommend you to keep visiting this page weekly as we will be adding new info to this post.