How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G 2014 (2019 Guide) || Codenamed: titan: If you want to get the most out of your device, then you should unlock the bootloader of your device. Lie all other Motorola devices, these two also come with an unlockable bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader would require certain steps. So here is the step by step guide with the help of which, you can quickly unlock bootloader of Moto G 2014. Carefully follow the steps below. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
Moto G 2014 comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display 720P HD Screen. The Motorola Moto G 2014 is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card. The Motorola Moto G 2014 packs an 8-megapixel primary camera on the back side and a 2-megapixel front selfie camera. The Motorola Moto G 2014 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box and houses a 2070mAh non-removable battery.
Like all most all Android device, the Moto G 2014 comes with a locked bootloader, in this article, we’ll be sharing How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G 2014. If you want to flash a ROM, root your phone, or to install a custom recovery, then you need an unlocked bootloader of Moto G 2014.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto G 2014 while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Motorola drivers on your PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G 2014
- First, enable ‘USB debugging and OEM Unlock’ option from setting> developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and fastboot drivers and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
- After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter the folder, and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
- Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘PowerShell Window’
- Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter the fastboot mode of Moto G 2014, type the below command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- In the command window, type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- The above command will return a string.
- Now copy the code in notepad and delete all the blank space so that you will get a single line string.
- Now head over to the Motorola’s unlock the boot loader site and create a free account or Sign in Google+.
- Now Paste the above String (Unlock Code) at the bottom of the Moto site (step 6) and click on Can my device be unlocked? You also need to accept terms and condition on this page by clicking I Accept.
- The unlock key will be sent to your E-Mail ID, which you used to register at Motorola site.
- Now copy the Unlock Key and execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KE
- The above command will Unlock Bootloader of Moto G 2014.
- Reboot and done.
This is the complete step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader of Moto G 2014. In case you have any questions related to this post, leave them in the comments section. We’ll be glad to help you out.