The August 2022 update for Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) is now being sent out to Beta and Dev channel users. The update has been seen in Japan, and it will roll out to additional countries soon.
Although not a major update, Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) version 2207.40000.8.0 adds a number of useful new features and fixes. Microsoft, for one, modified their system to better accommodate apps with varying aspect ratios. With the update, users will be able to experience apps in a more compact form.
Microsoft is also updating the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app with new accessibility features. You’ll be able to read and interact with buttons that were previously difficult to read owing to their backdrop colour and font style.
Changelog of new Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) update:
- Fixed an issue where certain apps automatically restart before you could save your data.
- A new toast notifications experience! Microsoft is testing a better design for toast notifications instead of using the existing progress toasts.
- Microsoft has enabled a new game that controls user education dialog for apps.
- Windows and Android VPNs should work better now.
- Microsoft has fixed scrollbar fix for Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) Settings.
- Crash data is now recorded and reported when the error occurs.
- Fixed an issue where the “No internet available” notification is suppressed.
- Android texts now render correctly.
- Amazon’s AppStore has been updated to version 60.09. Support for a new region: Germany.
Microsoft has not only increased the quality of the integration, but also included Android security updates and made it more reliable.