The stock ROM of TP-Link Neffos Y50 is now available for download. Its version name is TP803R1144_update.zip . The firmware file is large in size so a Wifi connection is recommended while downloading the firmware file. This is only compatible with Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 MSM8909 processor-powered variant of the device.
In the Android Ecosystem, there are two types of ROMs or Firmware exists. One is Stock Firmware which is provided by the manufacturer and comes pre-installed with the device and the second one is Custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers or team. Most of the cases, Stock Firmware is more stable compared to the Custom ROMs whereas Custom ROMs provides more features and updates compared to the Stock ROM
There are several things which make stock ROM better than Custom ROM. The stock ROMs are stable and get regular updates from the manufacturer. If there is a bug, that usually will be fixed by the next update. Stock ROMs get Google’s Latest Android Security patches via OTA updates on a regular basis which makes them much more secure than the Custom ROMs.
TP-Link Neffos Y50 Stock ROM Details:
- Download Format: Zip Verison
- Firmware Type: Official
- Tool Supported: QFIL Tool or QPST
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: TP-Link Neffos Y50
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of TP-Link Neffos Y50 ’s Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your TP-Link Neffos Y50
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade TP-Link Neffos Y50
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on TP-Link Neffos Y50
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- Download Android P Stock Wallpapers [18 Wallpapers]
- Download Android P Themed ROM For Any Android (Dot Os 2.3)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide: For Windows or For Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.
- Create a nandroid backup on your device.
Download TP-Link Neffos Y50 Flash File / Stock ROM
- Download Stock ROM For TP-Link Neffos Y50 (Official Link)
Steps To Install Official Stock ROM On TP-Link Neffos Y50
Method – 1: Using QFIL Tool
Step 1: Make sure that your PC has Qualcomm USB drivers installed on it. (If not download and install them, check pre-requirement section)
Step 2: Download the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) on your computer and Extract that using any unzipper app like WinRAR.
Step 3: Now go to the extracted folder and Open QFIL.exe.
Step 4: Once you enter the QFIL tool, you will see the basic user interface of the tool.
Step 5: Now, Switch Off your Smartphone or Tablet.
Step 6: After your Device is powered Off, Press and Hold Volume UP Key and Connect the Device to the Computer using USB Cable.
Step 7: Now, In QFIL, Click on Browse Button
Step 8: Now locate the Firmware File (.mbn).
Step 8: Once, you have added the firmware file, QFIL will automatically load the rest of the firmware data.
Step 9: Now, Click on the Download button to begin the Flashing Process.
Step 10: Like all other devices and tool, this flashing Process will take up to 10-15 minutes to complete. Once the Flashing process is completed your device will be reboot automatically.
Or you can try QPST Tool
Method -2: Using QPST Tool
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section and download the QPST File.
- After downloading, you will find two files Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder then Install the QPST.exe on your windows
- Once it is installed, go to the Installed Location on the Main Drive (C)
- Open the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- After that Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program bootloaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (make sure you have extracted the ROM Zip file)
- Click On Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- After all this click download, wait for the download to finish (it will find a new driver, install that)
- Now, wait for the process to finish. Once it is done, remove your device from PC and you have installed Stock ROM on TP-Link Neffos Y50.
You have successfully installed the stock firmware on your device. If you have any question related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.