Updated On Mar 11, 2017 – TWRP 3.1 released officially and we have the direct link to download TWRP V3.1 recovery.We have shared all the latest bug fixes and new added features of TWRP 3.1.
Hello, everyone!! This post is about everyone’s favourite custom recovery and its newest version, so any guesses which one is it? You guessed it right! TWRP is back with its latest version (3.1) being released officially. You must have seen few TWRP 3.1 builds pop up every now and then at different forums but now it has been released officially.
There have been numerous noticeable changes in this custom recovery other than the coding level changes. One of them is the use of vold decrypt for HTC devices which is mostly related to system protons vold and vdc libraries and binaries for decrypting the data partition. Another amazing feature of this new update is the ability to take the backup directly to your PC.
Here on this post, we will be telling you where to download the official TWRP 3.1 update and also give you the full changelog of TWRP 3.1.
Download TWRP 3.1
You can download the latest version by going to this website -> https://twrp.me/Devices/
Full changelog of TWRP 3.1
- Vold decrpt on few selected HTC devices, TWRP will attempt to use system partition’s vold and vds libraries to decrypt the data partition.
- Adb badkup to stream backup directly to your PC. You can see the documentation by going to the following link -> https://github.com/omnirom/androidbootablerecovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9
- A few tweaks to MTP startup routines.
- There is support for the new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix the loss of data after restore.
- There is also support for POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices.
- Indicates users that internal storage is not backed up
- Minimal getcap and setcap support
- Option to shut off backlight using power key
- Provides boot slot support, as well as support for FBE, decrypt and backing up / restoring FBE policies
- TWRP app install prompt during reboots
- Support for new Android 7.x log command and update for recovery sources to AOSP 7.1
- There is also support for AB OTA zips as well as numerous bug fixes and other imporvements.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram