Easiest Way to Root Redmi K20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery: Xiaomi’s sister brand Redmi has launched its first flagship device named as Redmi K20 Pro. It is being advertised as the Flagship Killer 2.0. The device comes with all the high-end features and specs with a very budget-friendly price tag.
Note: Currently there is no news of working TWRP recovery for Redmi K20 pro. We will keep updating this post with all the latest update regarding TWRP and Rooting the Latest Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
If you have never rooted your device as you thought rooting is highly complex and unsafe, then all your misconceptions will be quashed in this post. Today, in this post, we are going to tell you all about rooting and how you can root your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro after installing TWRP. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up a whole new array of features which will help you play with the interface, make changes to the settings, get rid of the bloatware, upgrade/downgrade the firmware, and more.
About Redmi K20 Pro
The Redmi K20 Pro comes equipped with a large 6.39-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels (aspect ratio of 19.5:9). The device is powered by a 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. (1 core clocked at 2.84GHz, 3 cores clocked at 2.42GHz) and 4 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. It has 6GB/8GB of RAM options.
The Redmi K20 Pro runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the Box. The Redmi K20 Pro runs MIUI 10 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage. The Redmi K20 Pro is a dual-SIM smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Redmi K20 Pro sports a Tripe camera setup on the rear side.
It has a 48-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.75 aperture, a second 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a pixel size of 1.12-micron. Along with these three main rear side camera, It sports a 20-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. The device houses a 4,000mAh battery. It also supports proprietary fast charging.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
New Android 9.0 Pie ROMs
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Root Redmi K20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Checkout our dedicated guide > Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi K20 Pro
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
- (Currently not avaialble)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device[/su_button]
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/enter-recovery-mode-on-redmi-k20-pro/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)[/su_button]
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro )
- Download the latest supersu zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-supersu-using-twrp-recovery-root-any-android-device/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device[/su_button]
#2 Using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-magisk-on-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android][/su_button]
- Done!! This will Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!