Just a few weeks ago, Samsung has released a new lite version of Galaxy S10 called Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite with almost flagship specifications at an affordable price. Now, the device is already launched in many markets and many users have already bought the device. As it is the first affordable flagship from Samsung, it is certain that the device is going to get awesome third-party developer’s support.
If you’re using it and want to customize your handset, you will require to unlock the bootloader at first. Then either you can install a Custom Firmware on it or you can root as well. Here we’ve provided the guide on how you can root your Galaxy S10 Lite with Magisk (No TWRP).
Here we will be using Stock Firmware, Magisk manager and Odin to gain root access on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite. By using the Magisk, you can patch the Stock Firmware Boot Image file and flash the boot partition on your device. Now, the Galaxy S10 Lite has been released for the global market and it comes with Exynos chipset. So, it will be quite easy to unlock the bootloader as well. Keep in mind that bootloader unlock is the first and important part before rooting or customizing your device system.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now, we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Galaxy S10 Lite with Magisk
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Steps To Root Galaxy S10 Lite
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file to the internal storage of the device (ROM folder).
- Use 7Zip to archive the .img file to .tar file which is compatible with Odin Flash Tool.
- Now, you have to download and install the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer also.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite into Download/Odin Mode with this similar guide.
- Connect your handset with the PC using a USB cable.
- When your device is connected, launch the ODIN tool.
- Next, load the magisk-patched.tar file in the AP section.
- Click on Options tab > select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- DO NOT select the Re-Partition.
- Finally, click on Start to initiate the rooting process on your device.
- Once done, your phone will restart automatically and will boot into the system.
- Congrats! Your device is now fully rooted.
If you’ve liked this guide, you can share it with others. If you have any quarries regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.