If you are a Redmi Note 6 Pro user and want to use the device to its full potential then follow the step by step guide given below to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. The unofficial TWRP recovery has been released for the device and thanks to that rooting is possible.
If you have never rooted your device as you thought rooting is highly complex and unsafe, then all your misconceptions will be quashed in this post. Today, in this post, we are going to tell you all about rooting and how you can root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro after installing TWRP. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up a whole new array of features which will help you play with the interface, make changes to the settings, get rid of the bloatware, upgrade/downgrade the firmware, and more.
About Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 0.1 About Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 0.2 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.3 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.4 Warning
- 0.5 Pre-Requisites
- 1 How To Unlock Bootloader, Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro was launched in October 2018. It comes equipped with a 6.39-inch touchscreen (1080×2340) AMOLED display with a 93.4 per cent screen-to-body ratio and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 845 CPU coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 128GB of onboard storage that cannot be expanded. There is a special edition available. The special edition comes with 10GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
The Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a dual camera setup on the back side ( a 12-megapixel with f/1.8, 1.4-micron + 12-megapixel with f/2.4, 1-micron). It also has dual front camera 24-megapixel + 2-megapixel. The device comes with a sliding mechanism for the rear camera. Users have to slide to open the back side cameras. The Redmi Note 6 Pro houses a 3850mAh non-removable battery. The device runs Android 9 Pie Out of the box at the top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 10.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Unlock Bootloader, Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Steps 1: How To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other devices synced with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Redmi 4A to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
Step 2: How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Note: This TWRP will work on both Oreo and Pie
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Step 3: How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro )
- Download the latest Supersu zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!