Here in this guide, we will go through all the steps which are required to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus. Like most of the Android devices, Samsung S10/S10 Plus also comes with a locked bootloader but Samsung allows its users to unlock it very easily. Here I am talking about the international unlocked variant of the device.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is the latest offering from Samsung. It is launched along with regular S10 and S10 E models. The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus comes equipped with a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display (1440 x 3040 pixels resolution). Now It has a punch hole display instead of a notch. The global variant is powered by Samsung‘s own Exynos 9820 (8 nm) Octa-core CPU whereas the US and Chinese variants are powered by Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm). It also has 128/512GB/1 TB internal storage coupled with 8/12GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus sports a triple 12MP (f/1.5-2.4) + 12 MP (f/2.4) telephoto + 16 MP (f/2.2) ultra wide rear camera setup and a dual 12MP + 8MP front camera. It now has a Fingerprint scanner which is placed under the display. It comes with Android 9.0 Pie. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery. Samsung Galaxy S10, on the other hand, has all the similar features and internal but comes with a smaller screen (6.1″) and single front-facing camera unlike dual on Samsung Galaxy S10+
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Steps To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus Bootloader
Part 1: Enable OEM Unlocking
- First, enable Developers Options on your device
- Before proceeding take a full backup
- Now Go to Developer Options > Scroll down to OEM Unlock and Enable it.
- Now, you have to remove the Samsung Account from the Galaxy S10/S10 Plus
- Reboot your device for once.
- Now, download and install CROM Service 1.0.8.APK on your S10/S10+.
- Launch the CROM Service app > toggle the slider option to turn it on [wait for the complete process]
- Now your device’s bootloader should be unlocked if you followed all the steps carefully.
Done!!! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.