Many of the users face Insufficient Storage problem on their smartphone while most of the smartphones nowadays come with 64GB, 128GB of internal storage but budget friendly smartphones like Moto G5/G5 Plus come with 16/32GB internal storage. Most of the daily using apps eat lots of internal storage, so there will no extra space left for other games or apps.
ou might think that having the external storage might solve the problem, I partially say yes and no. External storage is for images, videos, music and app data. Most of the apps will install in internal storage and app data will be saved in external storage but installing too many apps you may get the ‘Insufficient Storage’ warning on your device. But if you follow this below trick you no need to worry about internal storage. n this article, we will guide you How to use external SD card as internal memory on your on Moto G5/G5 Plus.
Steps to use External SD card as Internal Memory
[icon name=”bell” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Note: All the data in SDcard will be wiped, so we recommend to take backup.
- Insert the microSD card in your smart smartphone.
- Now go to device ‘Settings’ –> ‘Storage and USB.’
- Tap on ‘Portable storage’ section.
- Click on three-dot menu at the top-right of the screen and click on ‘Settings.’
- You will see four options – Eject, Format, Format as Internal and Movie Media. Select ‘Format as internal.’
- You will get the warning saying that your microSD card data will be erased completely. Tap on ‘Erase and Format.‘
- After finishing the process, your external SD card will now work as your internal storage.
- Within few seconds process will be completed. Now your external SD card will work as your internal storage.
Hope you found this article helpful. Comment down below if you have any queries.