Manually composing emails and writing documents is boring, especially when you need to do it on a daily basis. With the latest advances in AI, services like Bing AI, ChatGPT, and more can compose emails within seconds.
Now, Google is introducing the same technology directly into Google services called “Help Me Write”. With this feature, Google is using language learning AI models for completing emails or documents.
You’ll have to give a prompt by asking to write an email or article and include the needed details to compose the entire thing within seconds. In this guide, you will get to know how to use the Help Me Write feature on Gmail and Google Docs.
Join the Waitlist to apply for the new Gmail feature
It is worth noting that as of now, this feature is only available in the United States. If you live outside of the US, you will have to try correcting to the US server using a VPN. Before you can start using the Help Me Feature, you will need to join the Waitlist. It will not only give you access to the Help Me Write Feature but you will also get access to other Google Workspace Beta features. Here is how to join the Waitlist –
- Open the Google Labs page before scrolling down to the “Available in Labs” section. under the Google Workspace option, you need to click on the “Join Waitlist” option.
- Once it is done, you should click on “Submit”
- You will successfully enrolled into the waiting list. The acceptance rate is quite high, so there’s a great chance that you’ll get off the waitlist instantly or within a couple of hours. After getting off the waitlist, you’ll be getting a welcome email from Labs in Google Workspace.
How to use the Help Me Write feature on Gmail and Google Docs
- Open Gmail and begin composing an email. On the compose tab, you must click on the Help Me Write option with the pencil and star icon.
- Then, enter the prompt in the text box that opens up. Once it is done, you should click on the “Create” button.
- Now, you’ll be able to check out the email generated. If you aren’t satisfied with the result, you will get the option to Recreate it.
- You’ll be able to make the generated email better suited for your needs by clicking on the “Refine” option and choosing Formalize, Elaborate, and Shorten. You will also get the “I’m Feeling Lucky” option that might make it formal or poetic or even funny.
- Once you’re satisfied with the results, you should click on the “Insert” option.
- You can customize it accordingly and send the email as usual. However, instead of working from scratch, you’ll be able to start from the basic template.
On Google Docs
- Open a document on Google Docs. Place your cursor where you wish to generate the content.
- Now, you’ll be able to find the Help Me Write option on the left of the line.
- Enter a prompt before clicking on “Create”. Unlike Gmail, you’ll be able to ask “Help Me Write” for writing a poem, technical document, event plan, article, song lyrics, social media caption, and more.
- If you aren’t satisfied with the results, you can click on the “Recreate” button.
- For further customizing it, you should click on “Refine” and choose Formalize, Shorten, Elaborate, and Rephrase.
- Once it is done, you can click on the “Insert” option