We already know that the global Galaxy S9 series has been updated to Android 10 over the top One UI 2.1. Now the major US carrier Verizon has started rolling out the same update to its Samsung Galaxy S9. The device gets the much-awaited One UI 2.1 (Android 10) update officially in the US.
As we all know that Samsung’s One UI 2.0 is based on Android 10 and the new version of One UI 2.1 seems running on Android 10 but packs a lot of features. The new firmware update comes with a software version G960USQU7ETG2 and moreover it brings the latest July 2020 Android Security Patchset that includes the system security & stability improvements.
While talking about the Android Security Bulletin, the July 2020 patch fixes a critical system vulnerability in the system component that could harm the Android system and data by attacking remotely.
While the new firmware update offers plenty of changes or improvements like the new dark mode, accessibility mode, new device care, improved icons & color elements, camera improvements, internet shortcut, improved my files app, improved calculator app, etc. We’ve provided the full update changelog below. Take a look.
G960USQU7ETG2 – Changelog
One UI 2.1 upgrade with Android 10
One UI 2.1 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
- Dark mode
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Device care
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
- My Files
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Samsung Verizon Galaxy S9 Wi-Fi variant is expected to receive the same update pretty soon. Although there is no official announcement made yet. All the software OTA updates always roll-out in batches to a limited number of units initially. Once the update seems stable enough with lesser bugs, the broader roll-out process starts. So, the interested users can always check for the OTA update via Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
- Device Name: Verizon Galaxy S9
- Model: (SM-G960U)
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: G960USQU7ETG2
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
✔ How To Download G960USQU7ETG2:
You can download any Galaxy firmware using Samfirm Tool, Guide: Download Latest Galaxy Firmware using SamFirm Tool
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Steps to Install July 2020 Security Patch on Verizon Galaxy S9
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining
Keep visiting the blog for more info.