[su_note note_color=”#c4ffd8″ radius=”2″]Update: May 19, 2020: Verizon has released Android 10 based LG UX 9.0 update to LG V50 ThinQ (LM-V450VM). The update comes with April 2020 security patch. The update is carrying software version G450VM20c. [/su_note]
After a long wait finally, the Verizon Wireless has released the Android 10 update to LG V50 ThinQ. This is a long overdue but finally, the company has delivered what was promised. The update is currently being rolled out via OTA (over-the-air)
Update: March 28, 2020: LG has released a new update to Verizon LG V50 ThinQ. The update is carrying the software version number V450VM10j. The update brings all the Android 10 features and various bug fixes. It also brings the March 2020 security patch to the device.
Steps to check OTA update manually on Verizon LG V50 ThinQ
If you own the device then you can check for the OTA update notification on your device manually. As the OTA update always roll-out in batches, it should take a couple of days or so to arrive at all the units. Head over to the device Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates -> Check for Update -> Download Now.
Verizon LG V50 ThinQ Software update Timeline
|Release Date||Security patch level||Software Version||Android Version|
|May 19, 2020||April 2020||G450VM20c||Android 10|
|March 28, 2020||March 2020||V450VM10j||Android 9.0 Pie|
Verizon LG V50 ThinQ Android 10 Changelog
- Apps can be scaled to a different size. In the Overview screen, tap an app icon to show options from which you can select Pop-up window.
- Changes the LG app screens to a dark theme. You can view the screens even in the dark with no glare.
- The option of navigating the phone with gestures only is added.
- Lower the screen for use in one hand by swiping in from the left/right edge of the screen and holding.
- Auto mode has been separated into Photo and Video modes. In Video mode, you can see a preview of the scene before recording.
Switch camera button
- The button has been moved from the top of the screen to the bottom to make it within a thumb’s reach on one hand.
- Drag the angle icon to interactively control angle and zoom with one hand.
- Changes from a mode to an option in the Video mode.
Search suggestions and categorizations
- The search screen shows search suggestions and categorizations such as when, where and how the photos and videos in your gallery were taken.
Call & Messaging
- Buttons have been rearranged.
- You can make a video call to the same number when the voice call ends.
Attach in Messaging
- Attachments preview show files horizontally.
Share via Messaging
- When you share a file via Messaging from other apps such as Gallery, you can select an existing conversation to share instead of having to enter the recipient every time.
- Changes have been added to first-depth menus due to “Privacy” and “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”, and “Location” has been moved up to the 1st depth from under “Lock screen & Security.”
Wi-Fi settings, Bluetooth settings
- Step-by-step tutorials have been removed as the technologies are now familiar enough to users.
- Screen sharing and File sharing, which were located on the bottom of the panel, have now been changed to regular Quick setting icons. Screen recording has been added.
- You can adjust the media volume on an app-by-app basis.
- Draw and send a quick animated message. Find Draw Chat from the Smart toolbar in LG keyboard.
This article will be updated with all the update that the Verizon LG V50 ThinQ gets. So if you own the device, bookmark it.