Streaming Nintendo Switch video games on the popular video streaming platform Twitch becomes one of the trending topics very recently. However, it’s worth mentioning that precisely there is no app compatibility on the Nintendo Switch for sure. But there is a workaround that will definitely gonna help you out to watch Twitch Live Stream on Nintendo Switch quite easily.
Although we can say that broadcasting Twitch videos on the Nintendo Switch aren’t as simple as other video gaming consoles like Xbox or PlayStation. Keep in mind that you’ll require Nintendo Switch version 9.1.0 or above to get this possible as of now when it comes to streaming. So, you may ask what will be required to watch Twitch on the compact gaming console (Switch)? Well, let’s take a look.
What will require to broadcast Twitch on Switch?
- First, you’ll require a mid-range or higher configuration enabled Windows computer.
- Now, you’ll need to download the OBS streaming software here.
- A PC webcam is also required to become visible your face while streaming Twitch games on the Nintendo Switch.
- A game capture card (For example, Elgato Game Capture HD60 S) which can easily support up to 1080P resolution @ 60 FPS video streaming with the OBS Studio.
- A gaming or streaming microphone or a headset to improve the streaming audio quality whether you say something or only play games.
How To Watch Twitch Live Stream On Nintendo Switch
- Get an HDMI connector jack and connect it to Switch and connect another connector to your game capture card.
- Next, the game capture card should be connected to the PC via a USB cable.
- Then connect the HDMI Out port of your Game Capture card to the PC and the other end should be connected to the TV, obviously.
- Now, you’ll need to install the OBS Studio streaming software on your PC > Log in to the Twitch account.
- Head over to the Twitch Dashboard > Click on Account > Go to the Profile Settings.
- Go to the Channel & Videos > Now, copy your Streaming Key of the Primary Stream key.
- Now, you’ll need to paste the copied key to File > Settings > Stream in OBS Studio > Select Twitch.
- It will allow the OBS Studio to broadcast your game on Twitch easily.
- Now, right-click on the OBS Studio > Click on Add > Click on Video Capture Device.
- Give a name to the layer > Select your game capture card and click on OK.
- You can repeat the same steps and add up your webcam as well > Add and choose the connected webcam on your PC. Voila! Your face will be shown to the viewers while live streaming.
- Additionally, you can resize the screen according to your need.
- Once done all, click on the Start Streaming button on the OBS Studio.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page