ZenFone 3 Max 14.0200.1712.347 Firmware Update Is Now Released: Asus by the few previous years has grown into a place with the mainstream smartphone manufactures. Their high-end smartphones have a good user base and have been getting good reviews from around the globe. Their flagship is the Zenfone 4 and has given all their concentration on it. But it seems like they haven’t fully forgotten about the old model the Zenfone 3 Max. As promised earlier Asus has recently announced the latest Zen UI 4.0 update for Zenfone 3 Max.
The new ZenUI 4.0 has been announced a few months back in the month of August. It was reported that the old 35 pre-installed apps will be reduced to 13 pre-installed apps. Some common apps like the Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram will also be removed from the pre-installed app list. But you still can download all of the apps for free from the Android Play store. This removal has said to increase the performance from 31 percentages to 61 percentages.
The new update is just a new skin over the old Android Nougat which the device is already running. There is no need to confuse this with the new Android 8.0 Oreo update; this is just a user interface update with a security patch added. But it is rumoured that few of the high-end Asus devices in the Zenfone 3 and Zenfone 4 series will be getting the Oreo update.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is for the Asus Zenfone 3 Max
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
How to install ZenUI 4.0 on Zenfone 3 Max?
The new ZenUI 4.0 update is given as an OTA update and many users already started receiving it. All users will be getting the update soon. If you haven’t received the update yet you can either wait for the OTA notification, or if you are desperate to get it very soon there is a manual way to do it. We will be walking you through the steps to manually download and install the same update.
How To Manually Install ZenFone 3 Max 14.0200.1712.347 Firmware Update
The steps to manually install ZenUI 4.0 on Zenfone 3 Max are:
- Download the latest Android Nougat for Zenfone 3 Max from here
- Save the downloaded file on your device internal storage
- Turn off the device and press and hold power and volume up button to boot your device into recovery mode
- When on recovery mode select ‘apply update from SD card’
- Select the downloaded Zip file
- Wait for the completion of installation and reboot your device
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.